Even if you take good care of your watch, scratches or blemishes may still appear on the case or bracelet. Montblanc recommends polishing your watch from time to time to recover its original brilliance and shine. To do this, the watch must be dismantled completely, separating the bracelet from the watch itself to polish each part individually. It is not possible to polish the glass in the same way, as the anti-reflection treatment would be removed. Moreover, other surfaces such as engraved or sandblasted finishes would be harmed by the brush.
Your watch can only be polished a maximum of seven times. Some scratches may be too intense to be removed. It is also not possible to polish treated pieces (PVD, ADLC, etc.) and certain materials (such as ceramic, brass, tantalum, etc.).
Please note that polishing is not a separate service, but an additional option that is only offered together with another service, either maintenance or complete, to guarantee the water-resistance of your watch.
This service includes the following operations:
1. Complete dismantling of the watch
2. Polishing with different brushes and polishing pastes
- Abrasive paste with a hard brush to eliminate superficial scratches
- Hard paste with brush to smooth the uppermost surface
- Fine paste with soft brush to restore the shine and brilliance of the piece
3. Cleaning with ultrasonic bath
4. Watch head closing
5. Final check (aesthetics).