Montblanc Star Legacy Nicolas Rieussec Chronograph
Montblanc reinterprets its Nicolas Rieussec Monopusher Chronograph, which was launched in 2008 and has become a true Montblanc icon. This Montblanc Star Legacy Chronograph is named after Nicolas Rieussec, who invented the first inking chronograph in 1821. The dial of the timepiece has been redesigned while keeping its distinctive look. The off-center hour circle and the chronograph’s titanium turning discs have been domed, giving them a three-dimensional effect. Reminiscent of Minerva pocket watches, the Montblanc Star Legacy Nicolas Rieussec Chronograph features a newly designed, round case of 44.8 mm, curved finishing on the sides, and horns that have steps on the sides. It is powered by the iconic Manufacture monopusher chronograph movement with automatic winding. The Caliber MB R200 is equipped with a column wheel mechanism that controls the monopusher chronograph. The timepiece is equipped with two rotating horizontally aligned discs for the monopusher chronograph’s 60-second and 30-minute counters, which turn below a blued fixed double index, as on the original 1821 device. Additionally, a second time zone is displayed via a skeletonized hand on the off-center dial.
- Movement Type
- Monopusher chronograph with automatic winding
- MB R200
- Screw balance, Ø 9.7 mm; 12 mg.cm²
- Power Reserve
- Approx. 72 hrs.
- No. of components
- 319 components
- 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz)
- Balance Spring
- Flat hairspring
- Rhodium-plated and circular-grained plates
- Rhodium-plated German silver, “Côtes de Genève”, recesses circular-grained on both sides, hand-chamfered edges
- Going Train
- Wheel train with special toothing for a more efficient power transmission
- Stainless steel
- Silvery-white dial with black Arabic numerals and titanium counters
- Fixed, stainless steel
- Sapphire Crystal
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Non-screw crown, 1 O-ring, stainless steel
- Blue-colored hours and minutes hands; skeleton rhodium-coated second time zone hand; blue-colored counter hand
- 15.02 mm
- 44.80 mm
- Water Resistant
- 3 bar (30 m)
- Alligator-skin strap coming from the Montblanc Pelletteria Florence - Italy
- Blue sfumato
- Clasp / Buckle
- Stainless steel triple-folding clasp
Bracelet / Straps
TRADITION TO CREATE LUXURY WATCHES
Switzerland is long the home of finest watchmaking traditions. In Montblanc’s Le Locle and Villeret Manufactures in the Swiss Alps, superbly intricate movements are crafted in house by master watchmakers to form the heart of every chronograph. Innovative complications and exquisite adornments are meticulously shaped with skill and dedication to perfect each watch. From hairspring and balance bearing to pallet fork, in over 300 hours of dedicated focus all the elements are brought into singular harmony, and with the first turn of its movement, a watch comes to life and a journey begins.
Where to shop
Montblanc products are sold exclusively in more than 500 Montblanc boutiques worldwide, through authorised retailers and jewellers.
Please use the Montblanc Store Locator to find a boutique nearest to you. For further information, please contact Customer Service.